Thursday 18 August 2011

Personal Voice

Tuesday, August 16, 2011
How it all started?
It all started on a Wednesday afternoon when two friends of mine, Yushika and Sarah were talking about undertaking an internship during the holidays. First thing I asked, do we get internship in India? Actually, India has always fascinated me. I wanted to be a part of the Indian community since my childhood. Though I heard that India is a polluted country, and even know that it was overpopulated, this did not retain me back.  We started talking and finally agreed for an internship in Chandigarh. Part of my dream of being in India and discovering the infinite cultures there were becoming true.
I had no idea what AIESEC is. Isn’t it exciting to do an internship abroad? Days later, after completing all the formalities were completed. My interest in the internship increased as I’ll be helping a NGO. Arriving in India, I got Goosebumps. My dream was becoming true. But yes, the heat was affecting me, still how do I care!! Adjustment and adaptation were already on my mind. I knew that nothing will discourage me from realizing my dream.


We are all excited to start the new adventure that we couldn't resist from capturing our smile




















YES I can handle everything :D
My first day in Chandigarh was long as I had to sort out things such as sim card, where to buy food among others. However, in some hours this was solved. Shristi Kush and Ridhima Kausal (both are AIESECers) and their family welcomed us so warmly. First impression is a lasting impression. The love I got from them uplifted further my spirits and motivations. I did not want to let them down and said to myself that I will do the maximum to help out. I was told that AIESEC conference in India is one of a kind and I was looking forward to be part of one at least. I wanted to learn loads from the Indians and yes above all I was expecting a change in my way of thinking as ultimately I wanted to inculcate all my learning towards my dear friends in Mauritius who hate India.

Familiarising around (CCD lounge where I had my first food)




















“CREATE YOUR OWN HISTORY,” said the LCP, Siddhant Choudhary. Those wise words will always mark my life. He added that if you get everything you wanted during an experience, it will not be experience; only the bad part will make it an experience, because you will learn from it. At the end of the day, by overcoming those bad parts, you are the winner because you are gaining something from it.

Siddhant Choudhary (LCP AIESEC Chandigarh)
The man who changed my perspectives in life via the General Body Meeting.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment